[Edling] needed: scholarly article on personal communication in an L2

karen stanley karenstanleyma at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 3 22:37:06 UTC 2015

A friend is looking for this information:

I'm looking for a scholarly article about the nuances of second language acquisitions-so like CALPS-my participant mentioned that she struggles daily with expressing herself not in academic language but in personal communication with friends the same age.  This is not really BICS either.  It's more like how does a twenty year old second language learner hang out with another 20 year old second language learner outside of school-does that make sense?