[Edling] Call for Proposals: Reimagining International Education (Virginia International University)

Rebecca Sachs rsachs at viu.edu
Thu Dec 17 17:34:38 UTC 2015

Dear Educational Linguists,

The School of Education at Virginia International University invites your proposals for CLLC 2016: Reimagining International Education: Interdisciplinary Approaches to Language, Learning, and Culture.

The conference will be held March 25-26, 2016 on VIU's campus in Fairfax, Virginia - just outside of Washington, DC.

Submission deadline: January 25, 2016
Conference website: http://cllc.viu.edu

THEME

As emerging technologies and globalization conspire to make education more international, the theme of this year's Conference on Language, Learning, and Culture -- Reimagining International Education -- seeks to explore how we, as internationally minded educators, might be able to shape the development of international education in productive and exciting ways.

CLLC 2016 will encourage conference participants to ask, among many other questions, how we can encourage multilingualism and multiliteracies; enhance the vitality of international student and educator networks; improve pedagogical practices to facilitate language learning, cultural awareness, and 21st-century career readiness; demonstrate the value of inquiry-based learning across a variety of contexts; promote global citizenship and international development; foster inclusivity and cultural responsiveness; ensure fair and valid uses of gatekeeping exams with implications for global student mobility; support the development of teachers' professional identities and feelings of empowerment; and bridge gaps between classrooms and communities worldwide.

Through the sharing of best practices and emerging trends in these areas and others, our goal is to facilitate a thought-provoking, perspective-widening, solutions-oriented dialogue on the future of international education that acknowledges and embraces the interactions between language, learning, and culture.

CALL FOR PROPOSALS

Proposals for paper and poster presentations, practice-oriented sessions and workshops, colloquia, and panel discussions are invited in the following broad areas:
- Reimagining educational access and communities;
- Reimagining curriculum, pedagogy, and assessment; and
- Reimagining teacher education

For abstract submission guidelines and more details on each of these strands, please visit http://cllc.viu.edu/cfp.

IMPORTANT DATES

Abstract submission deadline: January 25, 2016
Notification of acceptance: February 8, 2016
Early registration deadline: February 22, 2016
Regular registration deadline: March 20, 2016
Late registration: March 21-26, 2016
Conference: March 25-26, 2016

QUESTIONS?

Questions about the conference can be directed to Kevin Martin, Associate Dean of the School of Education, at kevin at viu.edu. To volunteer, please contact Rebecca Sachs at rsachs at viu.edu. For more information on VIU's School of Education, our programs, and the variety of events we host throughout the year, please visit our website at www.viu.edu/sed.<http://cllc.viu.edu/content/www.viu.edu/sed>

We welcome your participation in CLLC 2016! Please mark your calendars and make plans to attend!