[Edling] Talk at VIU on best practices in online language teaching (Thurs, Feb 5, at 2pm, in Fairfax, VA)

Rebecca Sachs rsachs at viu.edu
Tue Feb 3 00:31:17 UTC 2015

Dear Educational Linguists,

The School of Education at Virginia International University invites you to attend an upcoming event in the Voices from the Field Speaker Series, a talk on best practices in online language teaching.

Title: Teaching Online: Design, Delivery, and Management

Speaker: Gorky Cruz, Director of CLEAR (the Center for Language Exploration, Acquisition, and Research) at American University

*         Date: Thursday, February 5, 2015

*         Time: 2:00-3:00pm

*         Location: Virginia International University, Waples Mill Conference Room (11200 Waples Mill Road, Fairfax, VA 22030)

Our guest speaker will share his expertise in teaching online in distance and hybrid environments, illustrating best practices in the design, delivery, and management of online courses and explaining how to prepare for the transition from face-to-face to online teaching and learning.

To learn more about participating in Voices from the Field, please contact Kevin Martin (Associate Dean of the School of Education) at kevin at viu.edu<mailto:kevin at viu.edu>.

Many of our previous sessions have been recorded and are available through our website:

*         http://viu.edu/sed/prospective-students-3/voices-from-the-field/vff-2013-2014.html

*         http://viu.edu/sed/prospective-students-3/voices-from-the-field/vff-2014-2015.html

We hope to see you at VIU!