[Edling] Job: Associate Vice President, Adult Language and Literacy Education at CAL
francis.hult at englund.lu.se
Mon Jun 15 18:29:59 UTC 2015
Jobs at CAL
June 15, 2015
Send questions and resumes to jobs at cal.org<mailto:jobs at cal.org>.
Associate Vice President, Adult Language and Literacy Education
CAL Classification: Associate Vice President
Program Area: Adult Language and Literacy Education
Hours Per Week: 35 hrs/wk (full-time)
Position Available: Immediately
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The Associate Vice President for Adult Language and Literacy Education (AVP/Adult LLE) is responsible for strengthening existing and developing new adult language education programs and activities as an integral part of CAL's global mission and development plan across all domains of program activities. The AVP /Adult LLE provides overall leadership for CAL's work in the education of adults who are non-native speakers of English, including those in postsecondary education, adult basic education, workplace training, and career and technical education programs in the United States. The AVP/Adult LLE pursues initiatives with partner organizations and state and federal agencies, as well as initiating projects that build on and expand CAL's existing strengths, in order to increase CAL's involvement and visibility in the adult education arena.
* Lead the effort to strengthen and expand the work of CAL's Adult Language and Literacy Education area through business development, including identifying an extensive base of funders, building and maintaining strong relationships with external and internal stakeholders, and developing proposal strategies with associated staffing.
* Oversee all aspects of CAL's Adult language and literacy education area.
* Monitor external and internal environment for development of new market segments.
* Support CAL's efforts to advance new and innovative techniques to expand the Adult Language and Literacy Education area.
* Collaborate with the President, Vice Presidents, and the Development Team in implementing the Adult Language and Literacy Education area development plan and agenda in accordance with CAL's mission.
* Collaborate on marketing campaigns with CAL's Vice President, Communications, for services offered.
* Represent the program area to clients, senior management, and external policy, research and development communities, including academia, the federal government, policy makers, and trade organizations.
* Work collaboratively across the organization to expand the organization's portfolio of contracts, grants, expertise, experience, and reputation.
* Lead/direct the scope and execution of projects.
* Manage and mentor project teams.
* Participate in the organization’s budget processes to include develop and review quarterly financial and activity reports to ensure that expenses are consistent with the approved budget and programmatic activities.
* Review and approve quarterly financial and activity reports to ensure that expenses are consistent with the annual budget and the programmatic activities.
Doctoral degree (PhD or EdD) in a relevant field required.
* Minimum of ten (10) years of related experience, including a minimum of five (5) years of program management and supervisory experience (significant experience in supervising professional staff).
* Demonstrated knowledge/background/experience in adult language and literacy education.
* Track record in project management, including quality control standards, involving multidisciplinary teams.
* Ability to lead business development resulting in the acquisition of major public and private funding.
* Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with CAL President and senior staff.
* Outstanding skills in communicating across all levels of the organization.
* Capacity to work with Federal departments and programs.
* Capacity to work with institutions of higher education.
* Ability to work strategically with funders and senior officials.
* Ability in one or more languages other than English.
* Demonstrated ability to conduct educational research.
* Strong skills in client interaction.
* Strong analytical and writing skills.
IF INTERESTED, SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER:
Center for Applied Linguistics
4646 40th Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20016-1859
ATTN: Human Resources Coordinator, Recruitment 15-13
jobs at cal.org<mailto:jobs at cal.org>
Attn: Recruitment 15-13
CAL offers a comfortable work environment with competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package. We are conveniently located two blocks from the Tenleytown/AU Metro Station on the Red Line.
The Center for Applied Linguistics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based upon race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, handicap, or any other reason not related to employment.
In accordance with USCIS regulations, all successful applicants will be required to show proof of their legal right to accept employment in the United States.
Back to top
Copyright © 2015 CAL. All rights reserved.
CAL Store<http://calstore.cal.org> | Contact Us<http://www.cal.org/contact-us> | Privacy<http://www.cal.org/privacy-policy>
Center for Applied Linguistics, 4646 40th Street NW, Washington, DC 20016-1859
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
Edling mailing list
Edling at bunner.geol.lu.se
More information about the Edling