[Edling] Educational Linguistics Strand at AAAL

Francis Hult francis.hult at englund.lu.se
Tue May 12 07:06:26 UTC 2015

Dear Edling members,

The call for papers for the American Association for Applied Linguistics 2016 conference is now open.  I would like to draw your attention to the Educational Linguistics (EDU) strand since it might be of particular interest to list members.  The strand will be coming upon its fourth year at AAAL in 2016.  While AAAL does not explicitly define the parameters of its strands, we can see from the past three conferences that the Educational Linguistics strand provides space for a broad range of work focusing on language (in) education.  Like educational linguistics more broadly, the strand has also included transdisciplinary work as well as research that crosses sub-field borders in various ways (e.g., SLA and language ideologies, pedagogy and policy, literacy and sociolinguistics, to name a few examples).

The full AAAL 2016 call for papers is available here:

http://www.aaal.org/?page=2016CFP

Best,

Francis

--
Francis M. Hult, PhD
Associate Professor

Web: http://www.sol.lu.se/en/sol/staff/FrancisHult/

Editor, Educational Linguistics book series
http://www.springer.com/series/5894

Co-editor, Contributions to the Sociology of Language book series
http://www.degruyter.com/view/serial/16644