[Edling] Tenure-track Assistant Professor of Spanish & Bilingual Education position at Winona State

Nancy Hornberger nancyh at gse.upenn.edu
Sat Oct 3 01:12:02 UTC 2015

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Tenure-track Assistant Professor of Spanish & Bilingual
Education position at Winona State
Date: 	Fri, 2 Oct 2015 22:23:01 +0000
From: 	Sauveur, Robert <RSauveur at winona.edu>
To: 	Nancy Hornberger <nancyh at gse.upenn.edu>

Dr. Hornberger,

Winona State University is seeking to hire a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor of Spanish & Bilingual Education for next year in support of a new bilingual education endorsement for our teacher certification programs. The ad is attached to post on your job board and the complete description can be found here: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/winona/default.cfm. I ask that you forward this information to any graduating PhD students or recent graduates that may be interested.

Assistant Professor of Spanish & Bilingual Education
Probationary (tenure-track)

APPLICATION DEADLINE:  Open until filled; Review begins 12/01/2015                   APPOINTMENT DATE: August 15, 2016

RESPONSIBILITIES:

   *   Develop and coordinate bilingual education program, serving as liaison with College of Education
   *   Teach undergraduate courses at all levels of Spanish
   *   Develop and teach undergraduate bilingual teaching methods course, including history and theory
   *   Develop and teach undergraduate Spanish language course for native/heritage Spanish speakers
   *   Advise students
   *   Provide service to the department, university, and/or a professional organization related to the position

QUALIFICATIONS:
Minimum Qualifications:

   *   PhD in Bilingual Education or equivalent degree with bilingual education training in hand by date of appointment
   *   Demonstrated experience in teaching Spanish language courses
   *   Demonstrated three-years or more K-12 teaching experience
   *   Demonstrated scholarly activity and potential
   *   Native or near-native fluency in Spanish and English

Preferred Qualifications:

   *   Experience teaching Spanish at the university level
   *   Experience teaching Spanish to native/heritage Spanish speakers
   *   Student-centered and communicative pedagogical approach
   *   Experience and ability to recruit and retain students of bilingual education
   *   Evidence of commitment to issues of equity and social justice in education
   *   Experience and ability to employ technology in teaching
   *   The applicant should demonstrate a knowledge of and interest in diverse cultures and populations.

WINONA STATE UNIVERSITY:  The mission of Winona State University is to enhance the intellectual, social, cultural and economic vitality of the people and communities we serve.  We offer undergraduate programs based on the traditions and values of the arts and sciences and an array of graduate and professional programs that are especially responsive to the needs of the Upper Midwest.  We prepare our graduates to serve generously, lead responsibly and respond imaginatively and creatively to the challenges of their work, their lives and their communities.
A community of learners improving our world!

APPLY DIRECTLY ONLINE AT:  http://agency.governmentjobs.com/winona/default.cfm

A member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.
An equal opportunity educator and employer.
Women, minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.

Thank you,

Robert Sauveur
Assistant Professor of Spanish
Global Studies and World Languages