[Edling] CFP: Multilingualism and Diversity Education

Francis Hult francis.hult at englund.lu.se
Sat Oct 24 13:15:08 UTC 2015

https://www.uni-hildesheim.de/fb3/institute/idsl/daz-daf-mehrsprachigkeit/summer-school-multilingualism/

Conference workshop "Multilingualism and Diversity Education"

26 to 30 september 2016, University of Hildesheim

Due to their relevance for contemporary developments in our society, the topics multilingualism and diversity are of great research importance in both higher education and daily interaction. This conference workshop aims to present, discuss, and look further into the latest international research about these topics. The Summer School: Multilingualism and Diversity Education invites international speakers to enter into a dialogue with students, graduate students, and researchers.

Keynote speakers
Prof. Dr. Aneta Pavlenko, Temple University Philadelphia, USA

Prof. Dr. Rita Franceschini, Free University Bozen/Bolzano, Italy

Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Konrad Ehlich, Free University Berlin, Germany

Call
The conference workshop Multilingualism and Diversity Education is a great opportunity for graduate linguists and PhD students to meet their peers, share their work, and further their appreciation for linguistics and language-related studies.

We invite research, complete or in progress, from any area of multilingualism; theoretical, applied, cognitive, and neurolinguistic. Abstracts should be approximately 500 words in length (not including references). Please submit your abstracts in .pdf format to elke.montanari[at]uni-hildesheim.de by Friday, April 1, 2016. In your submission, please indicate whether you would like to present a talk or a poster during our poster session. Speakers will have the opportunity to present for 20 minutes, followed by an additional five-minute question period.

Citizens of countries who require a visa to enter Germany may submit abstracts early. In your submission, please indicate approximately how much time you require to secure your visa. We will try our best to review your abstract and send notification of acceptance at an earlier date.

Stay tuned for more announcements about registration in the future! If you have any questions, please contact us at elke.montanari[at]uni-hildesheim.de