[Edling] Thurs 10/1 at 3:30pm: Talk on "Fostering Civility in Higher Education" with Dr. Jaime Lester in Fairfax, VA

Kevin Martin kevin at viu.edu
Mon Sep 21 21:07:47 UTC 2015

Dear Colleagues,

We welcome you to join us at Virginia International University for next Voices from the Field Speaker Series (VFF) on campus in Fairfax, VA!

Our guest speaker, Dr. Jaime Lester, will be giving a talk titled "Fostering Civility in Higher Education"

*        Date: Thursday, October 1, 2015

*        Time: 3:30pm-4:30 pm

*        Location: Village Drive Conference Room (VD 102), 4401 Village Drive, Fairfax, VA 22030
Bullying in on the rise in higher education with research finding that over 50% of faculty and staff witness or experience bullying in the workplace. In this interactive presentation, Jaime Lester will present the definition and current research on the antecedents to and implications of bullying. She will conclude with strategies for how individuals, departments, and administrators can help to address bullying in the workplace.
Our guest speaker, Dr. Jaime Lester is an Associate Professor of Higher Education at George Mason University in Fairfax County, Virginia.

This is an excellent professional development opportunity for anyone working higher education as it touches upon a topic that has implications across the entire learning community.  Please feel free to pass this opportunity along to others who might be interested.

To learn more about participating in Voices from the Field, please contact Kevin Martin (Associate Dean of the School of Education) at kevin at viu.edu<mailto:kevin at viu.edu>, follow us on social media @SEDatVIU and @TESOLVIU, and visit the School of Education's website at www.viu.edu/sed<http://www.viu.edu/sed>!  For information on our upcoming sessions, click here<http://viu.edu/sed/prospective-students-3/voices-from-the-field/vff-2015-2016.html>.  Many of our previous sessions are recorded and made available through our website here<http://viu.edu/sed/prospective-students-3/voices-from-the-field.html>.

We hope to see you at VIU!

Kevin J. Martin
Associate Dean, School of Education
Conference on Language, Learning, and Culture Organizer
Kappa Delta Pi Liaison

Virginia International University
www.viu.edu<http://www.viu.edu/>
4401 Village Drive
Fairfax, VA  22030
Tel:  (703) 865-8736
Fax:  (703) 591-7046
kevin at viu.edu<mailto:kevin at viu.edu>
@SEDatVIU<https://twitter.com/SEDatVIU>
@TESOLVIU<https://twitter.com/TESOLVIU>
[VIULogoColor]<http://www.viu.edu/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message (including any attachments) is intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) and may contain information that is proprietary, privileged, confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail message, you are not authorized to review, print, copy, disseminate, disclose or use this message, or otherwise take any action in reliance upon this message or its contents.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message and all copies thereof from your computer system (including servers, laptops, handheld devices and back-up systems).