[Edling] 2nd call (speakers & spectators): 'UK language policy after Brexit', Thurs 15 Sept 2016, Sheffield

Dave Sayers dave.sayers at cantab.net
Thu Aug 11 10:13:26 UTC 2016

A gentle reminder - or first alert if you've been off sunning yourself and deleted
your email backlog with carefree abandon - about this one-day conference here in
Sheffield on Thursday 15 September, with a plenary by Professor Rob Dunbar.

The event is free (or will be unless we're really inundated in which case we'll need
to raise a small fee). Non-presenting spectators are welcome, as well as speakers.

This isn't necessarily an event for 'research findings', given how recent the
referendum was. It's more about informed reflections on the possible effects of
Brexit on any aspect of language policy (broadly defined) in the UK, according to
your area(s) of expertise. Correspondingly the format and length for talks are very open.

Registration for all attendees (speaking or spectating), plus other practical
details, here: https://go.shu.ac.uk/uklangpolicybrexit

Please distribute this to anyone who might be interested!

Dave

--
Dr. Dave Sayers, ORCID no. 0000-0003-1124-7132
Senior Lecturer, Dept Humanities, Sheffield Hallam University | www.shu.ac.uk