[Edling] The Atlantic attack on Bilingualism research

Larry Selinker larry.selinker at nyu.edu
Thu Feb 11 16:41:16 UTC 2016

*i don't know this literature well enough, but is the claim a global one?,
i.e. there are cognitive advantages always for all bilingual speakers.*

*or are there some cognitive advantages for some folks under some
conditions? if the latter, then in my view, researchers should be working
them out, not fighting yes/no like political folks do.*

*ps: in doing some reading today, i have begun to realize **what a vague
and unclear term "Executive functions" has become since i last looked at
this decades ago in the 1970's with John Lamendella.*

*Best, Cheers, LarryLarry Selinker*
*ls110 at nyu.edu <ls110 at nyu.edu>*
*http://www.researchproductionassociates.com/