[Edling] Call for proposals: XI Conference on Language Teacher Education and II ELT Conference

Norbella Miranda norbellam at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 12 17:10:41 UTC 2016

***Call for papers***
http://universidadesidiomas-elt-english.weebly.com/XI Conference on Language Teacher Education and II ELT Conference (XI Encuentro de Universidades Formadoras de Licenciados de Idiomas y II ELT)March 17th, 18th and 19th, 2016Santiago de Cali, Colombia             Organized by Universidad del Valle, Universidad Santiago de Cali and Universidad ICESI. We are now accepting proposals for our XI annual conference on March 17-19, 2016. We are honored to have Ken Hyland (University of Hong Kong), Christian Puren (University of Jean Monnet de Saint-Etienne, France) and Tim Marr (London Language Advisors) as our international keynote speakers. The event will gather students, researchers, pre-service and in-service educators around the following objectives:To share findings of research on language teaching with the academic community.To share thoughts and questions on key topics such as: foreign language proficiency levels, knowledge base in foreign language teaching, research training, teaching methodologies, accreditation for foreign languages programs, language teaching in undergraduate and graduate programs, professional development, educational policy and social commitment of students and teachers.To strengthen the national academic community, so that it can contribute to the development of international communities committed to the teaching of foreign languages.To promote the participation of teacher educators in the creation of new knowledge through inter-institutional collaborative work. Abstracts on areas related to the following topics will be considered:·      Curriculum design and curriculum evaluation·      Research on language teaching and learning·      Innovative practices (use of ICT, methodologies, didactic proposals, autonomy)·      Evaluation and assessment of student learning·      Accreditation of foreign language programs·      Professional development programs·      Intercultural communication·      Bilingual education·      Language for academic and specific purposes (LAP / LSP)·      Language teaching to children For more information about the event and how to submit a proposal visit our website  http://universidadesidiomas-elt-english.weebly.com/  or contact us: universidadesidiomas.elt at gmail.com
Please note our deadline is Feb. 1
___________Norbella MirandaAssistant professorSchool of Languages Universidad del ValleColombia