[Edling] NYSABE Conference announcement, speakers, and poster

Bahar Otcu-Grillman bahar.otcu at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 04:48:20 UTC 2016

 Attached please find NYSABE's Conference Announcement, which includes the
list of speakers, and the conference poster.

For additional information please visit NYSABE's Conference website:
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.nysabeconference.or
g_&d=CwMFaQ&c=aqMfXOEvEJQh2iQMCb7Wy8l0sPnURkcqADc2guUW8IM&r=GaVo0QwJMy1CMFhC
aJ5fXygw-XfRHqX10CKpDFFbX34&m=MXn3jamdJBxNTGNis5fHxSCArM4-1xxfRf9q2yGGVVY&s=
UU7BwGImhSNgZK9XNWs_9ZQzaEdWf-iI9uojxbEjAaY&e=>
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.nysabeconference.or
g&d=CwMFaQ&c=aqMfXOEvEJQh2iQMCb7Wy8l0sPnURkcqADc2guUW8IM&r=GaVo0QwJMy1CMFhCa
J5fXygw-XfRHqX10CKpDFFbX34&m=MXn3jamdJBxNTGNis5fHxSCArM4-1xxfRf9q2yGGVVY&s=R
1T9HhN51hfocWYvKQIe8ttV1XYSJdSjBuNvR6f2dw4&e=> www.nysabeconference.org

The New York State Association for Bilingual Education (NYSABE)

is proud to announce its Annual Conference to be held on

May 21, 2016

Please join us for a one-day conference centered on our theme

Changing Policies, New Directions:

Bilingual Education Paving the Way to Every Student's Success

This is a year of changing policies, practices, and perspectives in our
field, both at the Federal and State levels. It is critical that we, as
current and future educators, families, researchers, and policy makers
interested in the education of ELLs/bilingual learners, understand these
changes and their impact on our students.

Our beloved organization, NYSABE, is undergoing changes as well. In response
to these changes and in order to create a greater access for our members to
high quality professional development that addresses these changing policies
and at the same time is responsive to targeted regional needs, this year we
will hold a one-day conference in two tri-regional venues on the same day
instead of the annual statewide conference.

NEW YORK CITY: REGIONS I, II, III

WESTERN NEW YORK: REGIONS IV, V, VI

There will be communication between the two sites for part of the day as a
way of connecting across regions and fulfilling NYSABE's annual meeting
requirement as set forth in the bylaws. In addition to major sessions and
breakout sessions, breakfast and lunch will be provided and a
networking/social event is being planned at each venue - Friday evening, May
20th (Western New York Region) and Saturday, May 21st (NYC).

See you at the conference!!

Tamara Alsace, Ph.D.

NYSABE President

www.nysabeconference.org
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.nysabeconference.or
g&d=CwMFaQ&c=aqMfXOEvEJQh2iQMCb7Wy8l0sPnURkcqADc2guUW8IM&r=GaVo0QwJMy1CMFhCa
J5fXygw-XfRHqX10CKpDFFbX34&m=MXn3jamdJBxNTGNis5fHxSCArM4-1xxfRf9q2yGGVVY&s=R
1T9HhN51hfocWYvKQIe8ttV1XYSJdSjBuNvR6f2dw4&e=>

Mrs. Eva Garcia
Executive Director
NYS/NYC Regional Bilingual/Education-Resource Network(RBE-RN)
Fordham University
Graduate School of Education
441 E. Fordham Road, Bldg. 2536 Hughes Avenue (off campus)
Bronx, NY 10458
Phone: (718) 817 - 0606
Fax: (718) 817 - 0604
Email: evgarcia at fordham.edu

NYC Regional Bilingual Education Resource Network
<http://www.fordham.edu/info/21065/nysnyc_regional_bilingual_education_resou
rce_network> (RBE-RN).

Email: nycrbern at fordham.edu