[Edling] Get involved in UNICollaboration

Shannon Sauro shannon.sauro at mah.se
Tue May 3 19:29:24 UTC 2016

Forwarded message below regarding a new cross-disciplinary organization in telecollaboration and virtual exchange.

From: Robert O'Dowd <robert.odowd at unileon.es<mailto:robert.odowd at unileon.es>>
Date: Tuesday, May 3, 2016 at 12:37 PM
Subject: Get involved in UNICollaboration

[With apologies for cross-posting]

Dear colleagues,

As you may know, the Second Conference on Telecollaboration in Higher Education was held at Trinity College, Dublin last month. During the conference we announced the launch of a new academic organisation - UNICollaboration: A Cross-Disciplinary Organisation for Telecollaboration and Virtual Exchange in Higher Education. You can review the powerpoint overview of the new organisation and its objectives here:
http://www.slideshare.net/dfmro/unicollaboration-organisation-launch

We would like to draw your attention to two ways you can become involved in the organisation:

1. We are looking for proposals from institutions which would be interested in organising our next conference in 2018. If you would like to discuss organising the conference at your institution, please complete the attached form and send it to us.

2. The organisation will divide its activities among different teams. If you would like to collaborate in one of these teams (and we hope you will), please write to the team coordinators and ask them how you can get involved:

Research Team (Promoting project proposals and Research Training workshops etc.)
Contact Timothy Lewis <Timothy.Lewis at open.ac.uk<mailto:Timothy.Lewis at open.ac.uk>> and  Elke Nissen <elke.nissen at univ-grenoble-alpes.fr<mailto:elke.nissen at univ-grenoble-alpes.fr>>

Publications Team (Establishing an online open source journal for the organisation):
Contact Melinda Ann Dooly Owenby <MelindaAnn.Dooly at uab.cat<mailto:MelindaAnn.Dooly at uab.cat>> and Breffni O'Rourke <OROURKEB at tcd.ie<mailto:OROURKEB at tcd.ie>>

Training Team (Organising online and regional training workshops and events):
Contact Mirjam Hauck <Mirjam.Hauck at open.ac.uk<mailto:Mirjam.Hauck at open.ac.uk>> and Gosia Kurek <gkurka at gmail.com<mailto:gkurka at gmail.com>>

Collaboration with other academic organisations and networks: Contact Sarah Guth <lamericaana at gmail.com<mailto:lamericaana at gmail.com>>

We hope that this organisation will support the expansion of telecollaboration and virtual exchange in higher education across all disciplines. But, of course, its success will depend on the collaboration of its members and we hope you will find a way to become involved. All ideas and suggestions are welcome,

best wishes and thanks,

Robert O'Dowd
President of UNICollaboration
Associate Professor