[Edling] About Africa: book of photos

Hornberger, Nancy H. nancyh at upenn.edu
Fri May 13 19:50:53 UTC 2016

Dear Edling colleagues,

I hope you won’t mind that I am forwarding the note below from a friend, about a book that I think might be of interest to some of you.  I took a look at the website and agree that the images are quite exceptional.

Nancy

Dear All,

A friend of mine has spent the last 30 or so years taking photographs in Africa, and documenting a lot of the cultural migration towards the city from the villages, and as a result of this work he has self-published a book of images. I believe it to be a very beautiful and sensitive book, but I have very little knowledge about Africa.

aboutafricabook.com<http://aboutafricabook.com/>

Can you think of any places or groups that I might pass the details on to Harry where he might be able to promote this? Would this be of interest to any of the Anthropology or Ethnography groups that you work with?

After spending a lot of time and money producing the book, I think Harry has discovered that in publishing it really is not a case of “build it and they will come”, and that no matter how beautiful the book is you still have to promote it!