[Edling] Free seminar & wine reception to launch 'Sociolinguistic Research: Application and Impact', Mon 13 June, Birmingham (UK)

Dave Sayers dave.sayers at cantab.net
Tue May 31 20:52:18 UTC 2016

Hello one and all,

This is a final reminder of the academic spectacular of the summer, the auspicious
schmooze & booze panel discussion set up to launch the book I've been slaving over
for the past four years with my equally long-suffering co-editor Rob Lawson:
https://www.routledge.com/products/9780415748520. Here's the link with address and
registration details: https://slximpactlaunch.eventbrite.co.uk/ (no need to bring
your ticket, even if it pesters you to do).

Three of the book's contributors and both editors will be there to celebrate the
book's long-awaited release into the wild, discussing 'impact' in sociolinguistic
research and the more exciting details of our chapters. As well as the wine reception
(beginning around 2.30pm, whenever the talks end) we'll also have a raffle to give
away THREE COPIES of the book! You'll be automatically entered into the raffle once
you've registered.

There's also this neat little flyer for your delectation: https://goo.gl/LQ9pid.

Please please please redistribute this to absolutely anyone who may or may not have
the remotest interest in this event.

See you there!

Dave

--