[Edling] CFP & Registration for the Conference on Language, Learning, & Culture: Enhancing & Advancing Teacher Education

Rebecca Sachs rsachs at viu.edu
Mon Nov 7 18:48:35 UTC 2016

The Call for Proposals is still open, and early registration and plenary information are available online for the 2017 Conference on Language, Learning, and Culture!

THEME: Enhancing and Advancing Teacher Education: Professional Identities, Communities, Beliefs, and Practices

DATES: April 7-8, 2017

WEBSITE: https://conference.viu.edu/cllc

LOCATION: Virginia International University, Fairfax, VA, USA (just outside Washington, DC)

REGISTRATION: https://conference.viu.edu/cllc/content/registration

PROPOSAL SUBMISSION DEADLINE: December 5, 2016

OVERVIEW: In the spirit of promoting self-driven, collaborative, meaningful, and sustainable professional development, this year's Conference on Language, Learning, and Culture focuses on the professional identities, communities, beliefs, and practices of educators and how they can all be harnessed to enhance and advance the lifelong learning we recognize as the ideal meaning of the phrase "teacher education." Our goal is to involve pre- and in-service teachers, teacher educators, administrators, researchers, and other professionals at all stages of their careers in a multidirectional sharing of expertise and experiences that will contribute to future exploratory practice and professional growth.

PLENARY SPEAKERS

(https://conference.viu.edu/cllc/plenaries/speakers)

- Dr. Ari Sherris (Texas A&M University-Kingsville) - Agency and Activism in Teacher Education: Exploring Situated Teacher Practices

- Dr. Joy Kreeft Peyton (Center for Applied Linguistics) - Cross-National, Multi-Language Professional Development Experiences: Challenges and Success Stories from Teachers of Adult Immigrants

- Dr. Rashi Jain (Montgomery College) - Towards a Translingually Responsive Pedagogy: Implications for Teacher Education, Practice, and Research

CALL FOR PROPOSALS

(http://conference.viu.edu/cllc/content/call-for-proposals)

Proposals for paper and poster presentations, practice-oriented sessions and workshops, colloquia, and panel discussions are invited in areas related to the themes of educators' professional identities, communities, beliefs, and practices until December 5, 2016.

Presentation topics need not address the topic of teacher education directly; we welcome proposals on anything that educators themselves would consider worthwhile for enhancing their own and their colleagues' professional development and daily practices.

For detailed abstract submission guidelines and instructions on how submit a proposal, please visit our Call for Proposals page.

IMPORTANT DATES

Proposal submission deadline: December 5, 2016

Notification of acceptance: Week of January 9, 2017

Early registration deadline: March 5, 2017

Regular registration deadline: April 2, 2017

Late registration: April 3-8, 2017

Conference: April 7-8, 2017

Submission to conference proceedings: July 7, 2017

QUESTIONS?

Questions about the conference can be directed to Kevin Martin, Associate Dean of VIU's School of Education, at kevin at viu.edu<mailto:kevin at viu.edu>. To volunteer, please contact Rebecca Sachs at rsachs at viu.edu<mailto:rsachs at viu.edu>.

We welcome your participation in CLLC 2017! Please mark your calendars, submit proposals, and make plans to attend!