[Edling] Call for panel submissions - Languaging in higher education

Amanda Brown abrown08 at syr.edu
Fri Oct 21 20:52:22 UTC 2016

Apologies to the community for the misdirected email.

From: <edling-bounces at bunner.geol.lu.se> on behalf of Amanda Brown <abrown08 at syr.edu>
Date: Friday, October 21, 2016 at 4:02 PM
To: The Educational Linguistics List <edling at bunner.geol.lu.se>
Subject: Re: [Edling] Call for panel submissions - Languaging in higher education

Dear Dr. David Palfreyman,

I am very interested in participating in the panel on “Languaging in Higher Education” that you are organizing as part of the i-Mean conference in April 2017. I have been working on an empirical investigation of translanguaging in academic writing classes at the University level, and will be reporting preliminary results from this project at the New York State TESOL conference next month. I will have analyzed more data by the time of the i-Mean conference, which I think may be of interest to your audience. I would appreciate it if you could provide more information about the panel and let me know how I might apply to participate.

With thanks and best wishes,

Amanda Brown

Amanda Brown, Ph.D
Associate Professor of Linguistics
Advisor, M.A. Linguistic Studies
Coordinator, CAS Language Teaching: TESOL/TLOTE
Dept. of Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics
340 H.B. Crouse Hall, Syracuse University
Syracuse, NY 13244, USA

email:  abrown08 at syr.edu<mailto:abrown08 at syr.edu>
tel:    315-443-2244
office: HBC 323C