[Edling] Fwd: Update: Call for Proposals La Cosecha 2017 - Deadline May 12, 2017

Leslie Sanchez leslie at dlenm.org
Mon Apr 24 19:31:22 UTC 2017

*La Cosecha** 22ndAnnual Dual Language Conference*

*Honoring the Past, Shaping the Present, Inspiring our Future*

*November 1 – 4, 2017*

*Albuquerque, NM*

*Call for Proposals closes Friday, May 12, 2017*

*The Planning Committee invites you to share your dual language teaching
strategies, leadership and/or research experience with your colleagues by
presenting at one of the largest gatherings of educators and administrators
in support of PreK – 12th grade English learners and Emerging Bilinguals.
Submission deadline ­– May 12, 2017. *

*La Cosecha* 2017 will bring together educators, parents, researchers, and
practitioners from across the U.S. *La Cosecha* offers you the unique
opportunity to share best practices and resources, current theory and
practice, build networks, and fuel our community's efforts to build a
better future for our children as we “harvest” the best of our multilingual
and multicultural communities.

Four-Day Conference will Feature:

·      More than 2,400 attendees

·      Nationally renowned keynote and featured speakers

·      240 general and concurrent sessions

·      Networking Events

·      Student Leadership Institute

·      Top educational material publishers and exhibitors

Featured Speakers include: Pauline Gibbons, Angela Valenzuela, Andres123,
Michael Guerrero, Kim Potwoski, Kathy Escamilla, Wayne Thomas, Virginia
Collier, Eugene García, Karen Beeman, Cheryl Urow, Elena Izquierdo, Tony
Baéz and more!

Conference Strands include: CCSS and ELL Instruction, Program Development,
Early Literacy Development, Indigenous Language One-Way Programs,
Biliteracy Development/Teaching for Transfer, Early Childhood, Academic
Language Development, Leadership, Policy, and Advocacy, STEM Education, and
Family/Community.

Early Registration closes July 15, 2017. For more information visit:
www.lacosecha.dlenm.org. For more information contact Leslie Sánchez at
leslie at dlenm.org.

--

*Leslie Sánchez*