[Edling] Invitation to participate in a survey on international graduate students as academic writers in the U.S.

G Yeon Park parkgy at umail.iu.edu
Tue Aug 22 16:08:44 UTC 2017

​

Dear Scholars in the Edling Community:

I am seeking participation in a survey research for my dissertation
study. Could
you consider to forward my invitation to your international graduate
students and/or international scholars and colleagues you may want to share
about this research and encourage them to find their strengths as young
scholars?

The purpose of this study is to obtain a deeper understanding of the
individual efforts and strategies of international graduate students in the
U.S. when they write academic papers, master's theses, doctoral
dissertations, and/or manuscripts for journal publishing.

In this online survey, the participant will be asked to answer about 70
questions on your demographic information, language learning experience of
English, and learning academic writing in English. It may take about 15
minutes.

Reward for survey respondents: $20 * 120 full survey respondents will be
randomly selected (1 in 7 chance of winning).

Please click on the following link to access the online (and
mobile-friendly) survey.

Translingual Graduate Writers’ Inventory of Strengths Survey
<https://iu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5v6aXDKgV1Cn8YB>

Or copy and paste this URL in to your browser window: https://iu.co1.
qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5v6aXDKgV1Cn8YB

The survey will be available until September 30th, 2017.

This study has been approved by the Institutional Review Board at Indiana
University. (IRB Study #1509922788). The study is being conducted by Beth
Lewis Samuelson, Ph.D., Associate Professor and G Yeon Park, Doctoral
Candidate from Indiana University Bloomington. For questions or concerns
about the study, contact the researchers Dr. Beth Samuelson and G Yeon Park
at parkgy at indiana.edu.

Thank you so much for your time and consideration to help my dissertation
research!

Sincerely,

G Yeon Park

--
*G Yeon Park*
PhD Candidate

Literacy, Culture, and Language Education dept.
<http://education.indiana.edu/graduate/programs/literacy-culture-language/index.html>
School of Education
Indiana University - Bloomington
parkgy at indiana.edu