[Edling] Announcement - 2nd edition of the 'Spoken CALL Shared Task' - Computer-Assisted Language Learning (CALL)

Helmer w.strik at let.ru.nl
Thu Dec 14 16:13:10 UTC 2017

Dear Francis,

Could you please send the message below to the Edling Digest mailing list?

Kind regards, Helmer
     http://hstrik.ruhosting.nl/contact/
.

Dear colleagues,

Recently, we organized the first 'Spoken CALL Shared Task'
[https://regulus.unige.ch/spokencallsharedtask/].
Results were presented at a special session of the SLaTE-2017 workshop
[http://www.slate2017.org/].

The first 'Spoken CALL Shared Task' was successful, people expressed
interest in a follow-up, and that is why we are now organizing a 2nd
edition of the 'Spoken CALL Shared Task'
[http://tiny.cc/2nd-spoken-CALL-task ~
https://regulus.unige.ch/spokencallsharedtask_2ndedition/]. The second
version of the task will offer improved resources. In particular, it
will make available the highest-performing speech recognizer from the
first version of the task, and about twice as much training data.

The preliminary schedule of the 2nd 'Spoken CALL Shared Task' is as follows:
• 27 Oct 2017, Training data and resources released
• 31 Jan 2018, Release test data
• 7 Feb 2018, Deadline for submission of entries
• 23 Mar 2018, Interspeech submission deadline
• 2-6 Sep 2018, Presentations at a special session of Interspeech-2018

If you are interested (even if you are not sure that you will [be able
to] participate), Subscribe to the Newsletter at
https://regulus.unige.ch/spokencallsharedtask_2ndedition/,
and/or send an email to Johanna.Gerlach at unige.ch. There are no
obligations at all, this is just to have an initial idea about who is
interested.

Feel free to forward this announcement. If you have suggestions about
where we can send this announcement, please let us know.

Regards,
The 'Spoken CALL Shared Task' team

See also: http://hstrik.ruhosting.nl/2nd-spoken-call-shared-task/
.