[Edling] Cross-cultural Communication readings recommendations?

Melinda Martin-Beltran memb at umd.edu
Tue Jul 18 16:34:38 UTC 2017

Dear colleagues,

I’m teaching an undergraduate course entitled, “Cross-cultural
communication for teaching second language learners” this fall (for the
first time in several years). The course is for both education and
non-education majors. I’m reaching out to colleagues in the field
(education, applied linguistics, TESOL) to see if you have any
recommendations for readings and/or textbooks.

I will gladly compile a list of the recommendations to share with the list
serv. You can email me directly at memb at umd.edu.

Thank you in advance for any ideas!

Melinda

On Sun, Jul 16, 2017 at 11:10 AM, Francis Hult <francis.hult at englund.lu.se>
wrote:

> The Atlantic
>

> The Schools Transforming Immigrant Education

Melinda Martin-Beltran, PhD
Associate Professor, Language, Literacy, and Social Inquiry
Dept of Teaching & Learning, Policy & Leadership
Office: 2209 Benjamin Building
Mailing address:
2311 Benjamin Building
College Park, MD 20742
Office: 301-405-4432
Fax: 301-314-9055
http://www.terpconnect.umd.edu/~memb/

Recent Publications:
Martin-Beltrán, M. (2017). Exploring peer interaction among multilingual
youth: New possibilities and challenges for language and literacy
learning *International
Multilingual Research Journal*. doi: 10.1080/19313152.2017.1328968
See Iink for *free online copies *of the articles in this special issue.

http://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/nhsGIrFs2P2UJFrQ2PNf/full

Martin-Beltrán, M., Daniel, S., Peercy, M. M., & Silverman, R. D. (2017).
Developing a zone of relevance: Emergent bilinguals’ use of social,
linguistic, and cognitive support in peer-led literacy discussions.
*International
Multilingual Research Journal. *Advance online publication. doi:
10.1080/19313152.2017.1330061

See this link for* free online copy*
http://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/UDVSRDmxibSAAV9avgQ2/full