[Edling] A new Language Policy special interest group of the British Association of Applied Linguistics

CHOI, Tae Hee choith at eduhk.hk
Fri Jun 23 07:34:41 UTC 2017

Dear everyone,

We are delighted to announce the formation of a new Language Policy special interest group of the British Association of Applied Linguistics (BAAL).

We are interested in language policy around the world, and we have plans to host online and offline seminars. Our inaugural event will be at the University of Leeds, 2 September, at the end of this year’s BAAL conference. Meanwhile our email list will be a day-to-day forum for discussion on all things language policy!

Anyone and everyone is welcome to join our group. Membership is free, and you don’t have to be a member of BAAL (though we encourage everyone to join!). By joining our group you’ll be signed up to our email list, and you’ll be invited to all our events.

More details of our group are on our website, here: https://sites.google.com/view/langpol/. Click the ‘Join!’ link at the top to sign up.

Hope to see you there!

Taehee Choi (on behalf of the organising committee)

Taehee Choi
Assistant Professor Department of Education Policy and Leadership
The Education University of Hong Kong
10 Lo Ping Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong
+852 2948 8763   Office: D3-1/F-21

President Comparative Education Society of Hong Kong http://ceshk.edu.hku.hk/

Medium of Instruction https://www.eduhk.hk/moi/<https://www.eduhk.hk/moi/>
Education Privatisation (SOELE) https://www.researchgate.net/project/State-funded-outsourcing-of-English-language-education-Does-new-education-privatisation-ensure-quality-education-for-all-in-Hong-Kong-secondary-schools<https://www.researchgate.net/project/State-funded-outsourcing-of-English-language-education-Does-new-education-privatisation-ensure-quality-education-for-all-in-Hong-Kong-secondary-schools>

New Publication Hidden transcripts of teacher resistance: a case from South Korea, Journal of Education Policy http://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/QtE62QDGMT9QwIMJtIHc/full

[EdUHK_logo]
2nd in Asia and 13th in the world in Education
(QS World University Rankings by Subject 2017)