[Edling] ORCID: A Double-edged Sword?

Scheyder, Elizabeth C scheydec at sas.upenn.edu
Thu May 25 14:20:38 UTC 2017

I’m going to chime in on this because I agree with Francis’ summation.  What further alarms me is that ORCID has no stated way to “opt out” or remove your account and data once you have created it.  I teach and work at the University of Pennsylvania, where I participate in Security and Privacy of Information Assessments, and this lack of opt-out or removal would be a big red flag if it were required here.

I’m going to have to check to see which grad programs require publications and whose fields are covered by T&F journals, because that could become an issue here.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention and thank you to all for the discussion!
Elizabeth
--
Elizabeth C. Scheyder, Ph.D., P.E.
Critical Writing Program Instructor &