[Edling] Call for Copy Editors: Language Learning & Technology

Myrna Goldstein myrnaenglishfile at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 15:26:33 UTC 2017

Hello,

I see the word "volunteering" in your request lauding the function of copy
editors.  Does this mean it is a non-paying job?

I need to know before passing the announcement along to capable,
professional copy editors.

Thank you.

Myrna Goldstein

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 10:14 AM, Francis Hult <francis.hult at englund.lu.se>
wrote:

> Via BILING...
>

> Aloha!
>
> The editorial staff of the open online refereed journal Language Learning
> & Technology (LLT) is seeking copy editors to proofread articles accepted
> for upcoming issues. Copy editors serve a valuable role, helping to ensure
> that articles adhere to the formatting style of the journal, are free of
> errors, and are ready for publication. It is an excellent opportunity and
> experience to include in one’s CV, and copy editors will be acknowledged
> for their work in the published issues.
>
> Copy editors should have an eye for detail and a good working knowledge of
> the style standards in the American Psychological Association (APA) 6th
> Edition Publication Manual. LLT provides detailed guidelines for copy
> editors to ensure that articles are proofread in a consistent manner.
>
> As its mission, LLT disseminates research to foreign and second language
> educators on issues related to technology and language education. It is
> well regarded in the field, where it maintains a 2.293 impact factor
> according to the 2016 ISJ Journal Citation Reports. The journal is
> currently sponsored and funded by the National Foreign Language Resource
> Center (NFLRC) and the Center for Language & Technology (CLT) at University
> of Hawai'i at Mānoa and the Center for Language Education and Research
> (CLEAR) at Michigan State University. For more information, please visit
> http://llt.msu.edu
>
> If you are interested in volunteering as a copy editor or if you have
> questions, please contact Ivan Banov, the Managing Editor of LLT, at
> llt at hawaii.edu. In your email, please include your area of study or
> interest so that we may pair articles and copy editors appropriately.
>
> We greatly appreciate your help and look forward to hearing from you!
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Ivan Banov
> Managing Editor
> Language Learning & Technology (http://llt.msu.edu)

> *National Foreign Language Resource Center *University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
> 1859 East-West Road #106
> Honolulu, HI  96822-2322
> Phone: 808-956-9424
> Fax: 808-956-5983
> Email: nflrc at hawaii.edu
>
> Website: http://nflrc.hawaii.edu
> NFLRC Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/NFLRC/
> NFLRC Twitter page: http://www.twitter.com/NFLRC/
> NFLRC YouTube channel:  http://www.youtube.com/user/nflrchawaii
> NFLRC listserv: http://nflrc.hawaii.edu/about/11/
>
> Are you an ACTFL member interested in Project-Based Language Learning?
> Sign up to support the creation of a new PBLL SIG:
> http://nflrc.hawaii.edu/about/12/

Myrna Goldstein, B.S.J., MATESL
Founder, Director
Are You in Your English File?®
Second Language Learning Research Center
Eilat, Israel, formerly of Milan, Italy
e:  myrnaenglishfile at gmail.com
Skype:  myinmi
t: 00972 (0)53 5255360