[Edling] CONFERENCE ANNOUNCEMENT Early Language Learning: Multiple perspectives – Diverse voices.

Janet Enever janet.enever at umu.se
Sun Oct 29 18:55:10 UTC 2017

CONFERENCE: Early Language Learning: Multiple perspectives – Diverse voices.
June 13-15, 2018. Reykjavik, Iceland
The Vigdís Finnbogadóttir Institute of Foreign Languages and the School of Education, University of Iceland are pleased to announce the third international conference on Early Language Learning 2018.
In association with the AILA Research Network on Early Language Learning, we would like to invite you to experience the ‘bright nights’ of Reykjavík and to explore and discuss issues surrounding multilingualism and young language learners. The conference will focus on early second and foreign language learning in preschool and primary education contexts across the globe. With this conference we hope to provide opportunities for colleagues from a range of professional backgrounds (e.g., researchers, teachers, policy makers) to establish links and expand the work in the fields of multilingualism, linguistic diversity and early language learning.
We invite the submission of abstracts on any research- or practice-oriented topic relating to the learning of foreign, second or additional languages by learners of primary school age or younger (ages 3-12). Topics relating to younger or older learners (up to age 15) will also be considered.
We welcome proposals for individual papers, colloquia and posters.
Plenary speakers
Roma Chumak-Horbatsch, Ryerson University in Toronto (Canada)
Victoria Murphy, University of Oxford (UK)
Francis Hult, Lund University (Sweden)
Abstract submission deadline: December 1, 2017

For further details, please visit:
http://vigdis.hi.is/early_language_learning_conference_2018.
Janet Enever/ Professor emerita / Umea University / Sweden / Email: janet.enever at umu.se<mailto:janet.enever at umu.se>
Visiting professor University of Reading /  email: j.h.enever at reading.ac.uk<mailto:j.h.enever at reading.ac.uk>/