[Edling] Invitation to non-presenting attendees: 1st Annual Language Policy Forum (free for many!), Sheffield Hallam University, 31 May - 1 June 2018

Dave Sayers dave.sayers at cantab.net
Fri Apr 6 14:40:50 UTC 2018

Dear all,

Following the closure of our call for papers, it is now our great pleasure to invite
non-presenters to attend the inaugural Language Policy Forum (31 May - 1 June 2018,
Sheffield Hallam University) to see the fine selection of fascinating papers on
offer! Attendance is free for BAAL student members, unfunded PhD students, or anyone
who is retired, between jobs, or employed on a fractional/adjunct/hourly-paid basis.
For those employed full-time there is a (relatively low) fee. (Top tip: some academic
departments fund non-presenting attendance under ‘training’; worth asking!)

In order to get this notice out as quickly as possible, we’re publicising the
accepted presentations before arranging them into the final programme. Details of
presenters, their talks and abstracts are on our website, along with information
about travel, accommodation etc.:
http://www.langpol.ac.uk/view/langpol/events/2018-lpforum.

The deadline for non-presenting attendees to register is MONDAY 30 APRIL.

The conference will feature British Sign Language interpreters - we ask deaf
delegates to contact us to ensure interpreters are present in their chosen parallel
session. We are extremely grateful to the Humanities Research Centre at Sheffield
Hallam University for making this possible.

Please pass this message on to anyone you feel may be interested, and/or retweet us
here: https://twitter.com/langpolicy/status/982256553599295491.

And of course, do get in touch with us on langpolicy at gmail.com if you have any queries.

We look forward to seeing you in Sheffield!

All the best,
BAAL LP SIG committee (Elisabeth, Florence, Tae-Hee, Yongcan, Rachel & Dave)
http://www.langpol.ac.uk/