[Edling] CFP: Translanguaging in the Individual, at School and in Society

Francis Hult francis.hult at englund.lu.se
Sun Aug 12 10:06:09 UTC 2018

Call for papers
Translanguaging in the Individual, at School and in Society
April 11-12, 2019
The 3rd Swedish conference on Translanguaging, TL2019, takes place at Linnæus University, Växjö, on 11-12 April, 2019. The conference provides a venue for research on translanguaging in local as well as international contexts. Within the general themes of migration and globalization, the conference focuses on linguistic diversity in schools and in society, multilingual literacy development, and learning through the use of multilingual repertoires. The conference theme – Translanguaging in the Individual, at School and in Society – invites research on translanguaging in individuals, in different educational contexts and in society at large.
Keynote speakers:
Jim Cummins, University of Toronto, Canada
Nancy Hornberger, University of Pennsylvania, USA
Francis M. Hult, Lund University, Sweden
Anne Pitkänen-Huhta, University of Jyväskylä, Finland
Gudrun Svensson, Linnæus University, Sweden
The conference welcomes researchers, post-graduate students, teacher educators, teachers and as well anyone with an interest in multilingualism in diverse contexts.
The official conference languages are Swedish and English, and we welcome submissions in these languages as well as in Danish and Norwegian. We welcome suggestions both for colloquia and for paper presentations. Please submit either a proposal for a colloquium of 600-900 words or a 300-word abstract (including references) for a paper presentation by 30 September, 2018. Colloquium proposals should contain both a short description of the focus of the colloquium and the 3-4 abstracts that make up the content. Abstracts should be submitted via the submission URL available on the conference website: https://lnu.se/en/research/conferences/3rd-translanguaging-conference/. Deadline for submissions is 30 September 2018. Submissions will undergo a double blind peer-review process. Notifications of acceptance will be sent out no later than 15 December 2018. We aim to publish a conference volume of selected papers in a peer-reviewed publication (further information will be available soon).
We look forward to welcoming you to the 3rd Swedish Conference on Translanguaging in Växjö, Sweden!
Organizing Committee: Päivi Juvonen (chair), Marie Källkvist, Gudrun Svensson and Ann-Christin Torpsten.
Contact: TL2019 at lnu.se
More information: https://lnu.se/en/research/conferences/3rd-translanguaging-conference/