[Edling] English language and medium of instruction in basic education in low- and middle-income countries: a British Council perspective

Francis Hult francis.hult at englund.lu.se
Fri Jan 26 19:04:14 UTC 2018

English language and medium of instruction in basic education in low- and middle-income countries: a British Council perspective

The British Council’s aim in writing this organisational position paper, English language and medium of instruction in basic education in low- and middle-income countries: a British Council perspective, is to use the ideas presented in our conversations with education ministries and to support those who teach English around the world. Our hope is that this paper will open up discussions on the role of English in multilingual education and be of practical help to policy makers and advisers, to project managers and implementers, and to English language teachers.

Full text:
https://englishagenda.britishcouncil.org/continuing-professional-development/teacher-educator-framework/understanding-teaching-context/english-language-and-medium-instruction-basic-education-low-and-middle-income-countries-british