[Edling] Plenary and Keynote Speakers for CLLC 2018: Making Research Matter (April 6-7, 2018, in Fairfax, VA)

Kevin Martin kevin at viu.edu
Thu Mar 22 15:38:08 UTC 2018

Dear EDLING Community,

The organizers of the Conference on Language, Learning, and Culture invite you to attend our 5th annual conference, with the theme of Making Research Matter: Motivated Inquiry for Actionable Insights (April 6-7, 2018, at Virginia International University in Fairfax, VA, USA).

CLLC 2018 seeks to involve a diverse group of educators, researchers, policy-makers, community members, and others in multidirectional conversations regarding how we can work together to make our research endeavors as productive and meaningful as possible for a wide variety of potential stakeholders.

Our Keynote and Plenary speakers include:

*         Dr. Judith Eaton, President of the Council for Higher Education Accreditation, on Inquiry to Promote Effective Practices in Higher Education: Taking Advantage of Actionable Insights from the Accreditation Process

*         Dr. Jennifer Leeman, Professor at George Mason University, on Language Teaching for Social Justice: A Critical Pedagogical Approach

For abstracts, please visit our Plenary Speakers page: https://conference.viu.edu/cllc/plenaries/speakers

Other useful links:

*         Conference Website: http://conference.viu.edu/cllc

*         Registration: http://conference.viu.edu/cllc/content/registration

*         Schedule of Talks: https://conference.viu.edu/cllc/content/schedule

If you are interested in volunteering in exchange for free registration, or if you will be traveling and would like to share a hotel room with another conference attendee, please email Rebecca Sachs at rsachs at viu.edu<mailto:rsachs at viu.edu>.

If you have any other questions about the conference, please contact Kevin Martin (Associate Dean, School of Education) at kevin at viu.edu<mailto:kevin at viu.edu>.

We hope to see you at CLLC 2018!

Sincerely,
Rebecca Sachs and Kevin Martin
CLLC Co-Organizers
School of Education
Virginia International University

Kevin J. Martin
Associate Dean, School of Education
Conference on Language, Learning, and Culture Organizer
Kappa Delta Pi Liaison

Virginia International University
www.viu.edu<http://www.viu.edu/>
4401 Village Drive
Fairfax, VA  22030
Tel:  (703) 865-8736
Fax:  (703) 591-7046
kevin at viu.edu<mailto:kevin at viu.edu>
@SEDatVIU<https://twitter.com/SEDatVIU>
@TESOLVIU<https://twitter.com/TESOLVIU>
[VIULogoColor]<http://www.viu.edu/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message (including any attachments) is intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) and may contain information that is proprietary, privileged, confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail message, you are not authorized to review, print, copy, disseminate, disclose or use this message, or otherwise take any action in reliance upon this message or its contents.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message and all copies thereof from your computer system (including servers, laptops, handheld devices and back-up systems).