[Edling] Position in Language and Cultural Education Division at Center for Applied Linguistics (CAL)
francis.hult at englund.lu.se
Thu Nov 1 15:29:52 EDT 2018
Jobs at CAL
Send questions and resumes to jobs at cal.org<mailto:jobs at cal.org>.
CAL Classification: Research Scientist
Division: Language and Cultural Education Division
Position Available: Immediately
Research Scientist provides leadership to domestic and international initiatives in the areas of English learner and culturally and linguistically diverse K-12/adult program evaluation, program development and research methods.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Lead development and implementation efforts for CAL's K-12 and Adult education initiatives for English learner and linguistically and culturally diverse students in the following areas: program evaluation, education research, technical assistance and program development.
* Assume a leadership role in collaborating with CAL directors and project managers and supervise staff as appropriate.
* Liaise with external stakeholders.
* Represent CAL's research, evaluation and language assessment work in external settings.
* Assume a lead role in development and grant writing opportunities related to these essential functions.
* Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Required: Doctoral degree from an accredited college or university, in Education Assessment, Testing & Measurement, Second Language Acquisition, Applied Linguistics, Bilingual Education, or a related field. Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience.
* Preferred: Doctoral degree as expressed above with experience with English learners and culturally and linguistically diverse students in a public-school setting, within the following areas: (1) Conducting program evaluations; (2) Planning \& implementing programs; (3) Designing and implementing research projects; (4) Providing face-to-face technical assistance via webinars or other online methods; (5) ESSA compliance requirements; and (6) Teaching or school administration.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Demonstrated experience with English learners and culturally and linguistically diverse students within the areas of language and education research; assessment, testing & measurement; and, program evaluation.
* Working knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Business development and client relations skills.
* Proficiency in a second language other than English.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to effectively communicate. The employee may be required to sit or stand in a stationary position for 50% of the time. This position constantly operates a computer and other office productivity equipment. CAL adheres to ADA compliance and guidelines as a common practice.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
The Center for Applied Linguistics (CAL) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CAL complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
CAL expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CAL employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
IF INTERESTED, SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER:
Please provide a resume and a cover letter to jobs at cal.org<MAILTO:jobs at cal.org>, referencing position number "19-02 Research Scientist" in subject line.
Center for Applied Linguistics
4646 40th Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20016-1859
ATTN: Human Resources, Recruitment 19-02 Research Scientist
jobs at cal.org<mailto:jobs at cal.org>
Attn: Recruitment 19-02 Research Scientist
In accordance with USCIS regulations, all successful applicants will be required to show proof of their legal right to accept employment in the United States.
Back to top
Copyright © 2018 CAL. All rights reserved.
CAL Store <http://calstore.cal.org> | Contact Us <http://www.cal.org/about/contact.html> | Privacy <http://www.cal.org/privacyPolicy.html>
Center for Applied Linguistics, 4646 40th Street NW, Washington, DC 20016-1859
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
Edling mailing list
Edling at bunner.geol.lu.se
More information about the Edling