[Edling] Hey everyone! It's time for this year's survey from the Sociolinguistic Events Calendar!

Dave Sayers dave.sayers at cantab.net
Wed Aug 21 14:48:39 UTC 2019

Sociolinguists of the internet! It's that time of year again! It's time for this
year's survey from the crack team of moderators at the one and only Sociolinguistic
Events Calendar! https://www.baal.org.uk/slxevents

Our first survey in 2015 was an eclectic variety of questions about conferences:
https://academia.edu/14266444/. Our second survey was tighter, leaner, focused in on
electronic gadgets and gizmos at conferences: https://academia.edu/26782739/. Our
third survey went after the controversial subject of childcare at conferences:
https://academia.edu/36820838/ (spoiler: there should be more childcare!).

This year we've done it again and tapped into the zeitgeist with surgical precision
to craft a brand new survey about...... saving the planet and attending conferences
remotely using the world wide internet! Go, go, go! https://forms.gle/NmbGBfqyqD9VeBtj6

When the responses tail off I'll write it all up into a report like I did with the
others, at absolutely no cost to you! Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back!

And of course, make sure to subscribe to the Sociolinguistic Events Calendar, and why
not also set it as your browser homepage? https://www.baal.org.uk/slxevents. Then
sneak on to your colleagues' computers and do it for them too. They'll totally thank
you for it.

Dave (on behalf of the SEC team)