[Edling] FW: PhD studentships open at The Open University, UK

Prithvi Shrestha pnshrestha at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 10:03:18 UTC 2019

Dear Colleagues,

Apologies for any cross postings.

We have a number of funded PhD opportunities at The Open University and
some EDLING members may be interested or you may know who is interested in
pursuing a PhD. Please see the details below and via this link
<http://wels.open.ac.uk/research/research-degrees/postgraduate-research/phd-studentships>
.

Thank you.

Best wishes,

Prithvi.

----------------------

PhD Studentships in the Faculty of Wellbeing, Education and Language
Studies

*Based in Milton Keynes, UK*

The Faculty of Wellbeing, Education and Language Studies (WELS) is offering
full-time funded PhD studentships for an October 2019 start.

The PhD programme is located in an environment that supports world-leading
quality research. In the latest Research Excellence Framework (REF 2014)
the UK government endorsed our research as overwhelmingly world-leading and
internationally excellent, with significant and wide-reaching impact.
Research takes place across the three Schools of WELS and the Institute of
Educational Technology.

Research is conducted in the following areas which adopt innovative
methodological approaches:

   - Children, Young People & Families
   - Educational Technology
   - Health, Wellbeing and Social care
   - Language and Literacies
   - Transformative Education

What unites our research approach is a strong commitment to
interdisciplinarity and a social justice ethos. Our research enables
communities and individuals to thrive in an increasingly demanding and
unequal world. We have the flexibility to support truly interdisciplinary
and innovative research that makes a difference to people’s lives. We
strongly encourage you to look at our research web pages
http://wels.open.ac.uk/research and https://iet.open.ac.uk/research  to see
that we provide the right combination of substantive expertise and
methodological experience to support your doctoral research proposal.

Our large, international group of PhD students are an essential part of our
research community. If you feel you have the drive and intellectual
curiosity to pursue postgraduate research as part of that community and you
have a great idea for a doctoral study, then we want to hear from you! We
welcome proposals for interdisciplinary research within or across all of
the areas outlined above.

Funding is available for UK, EU and international students.  Fully funded
PhD studentships will include fees and maintenance for three years,
depending on satisfactory progress. Anticipated stipend for 2019-20 is
£14777.

*Closing date:** Monday 4th March 2019. *

*Interviews will commence late March – April 2019.*

*For detailed information and how to apply for the studentships go to
www3.open.ac.uk/employment <http://www.open.ac.uk/employment>,** or e-mail
wels-student-enquiries at open.ac.uk <wels-student-enquiries at open.ac.uk> *

*We promote diversity in employment and welcome applications from all
sections of the community*.

[image: signature_1858743370]

[image: rule.png]

*Dr Prithvi N. Shrestha, SFHEA* | Senior Lecturer in English Language

School of Languages and Applied Linguistics, Level 1, Stuart Hall Building,
The Open University, Walton Hall, Milton Keynes, MK7 6AA | United Kingdom

Co-Convenor: Applied Linguistics & Literacies Research Group
<http://www.open.ac.uk/creet/main/language-and-literacies>

Phone: +44 1908 654265

Skype: Prithvi.Shrestha

OU Profile <http://www.open.ac.uk/people/pns52> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/pnshrestha> | LinkedIn
<https://uk.linkedin.com/in/prithvi-shrestha-69b34912>

Open Research Online <http://oro.open.ac.uk/view/person/pns52.html> | ORCiD
<http://orcid.org/0000-0002-4971-8051>

ResearchGate <https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Prithvi_Shrestha> |
Academia.edu <https://open.academia.edu/PrithviShrestha>

[image: signature_498224389]

[image: rule.png]

*Recent publications:*

Saraswati Dawadi & *Prithvi N. Shrestha* (2018): Construct validity of the
Nepalese school leaving English reading test, *Educational Assessment*,
DOI: 10.1080/10627197.2018.1430511

https://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/6CqHXY4butv3qfGUTMEM/full

Shrestha, Prithvi <http://oro.open.ac.uk/view/person/pns52.html>
(2018). English
language examination reform: International trends and a framework for Nepal.
<http://oro.open.ac.uk/53396/> In: Hayes, David ed. *English Language
Teaching in Nepal: Research, Reflection and Practice.* Kathmandu: British
Council, pp. 37–57.

Morgana, Valentina <http://oro.open.ac.uk/view/person/vm4663.html> and
*Shrestha,
Prithvi N. <http://oro.open.ac.uk/view/person/pns52.html>* (2018).
Investigating
Students’ and Teachers’ Perceptions of Using the iPad in an Italian English
as a Foreign Language Classroom. <http://oro.open.ac.uk/56808/> *International
Journal of Computer-Assisted Language Learning and Teaching (IJCALLT)*,
8(3) pp. 29–49.