[Edling] English is the language of science — but precision is tough as a non-native speaker

Francis M. Hult via Edling edling at lists.mail.umbc.edu
Wed Apr 7 20:41:42 UTC 2021

Nature

English is the language of science — but precision is tough as a non-native
speaker

English is the international language of science, for better or for worse,
but most of the world’s scientists speak it as a second language. We
shoulder an extra career challenge: not only must we gain command of our
science, but we must also be able to write to professional standards in a
foreign language to communicate that science.

Full story:
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00899-y