[Edling] Online seminar invite: Mon 13 Sep, 15:00 EET, 'The power of narrative: Climate skepticism and the deconstruction of science' (Shondel Nero, NYU)

Dave Sayers via Edling edling at lists.mail.umbc.edu
Tue Aug 17 16:40:24 UTC 2021

During the last academic year, here in the English group at the University of
Jyväskylä, we moved all our guest seminars online and opened registrations
internationally. The results were wonderful! For each talk, on average we had around
100 registrations from 30 countries! We were also able to invite speakers from all
over the world, and then record their presentations to host on our website (linked
below).

This year we're going from strength to strength with a fresh lineup of super exciting
international speakers. First up is Shondel Nero (New York University) with a talk
based on her recently published book 'The Power of Narrative: Climate Skepticism and
the Deconstruction of Science' (Oxford University Press, 2020).

Register for free on our website: https://r.jyu.fi/englishseminars. Shondel's
abstract is there too, as well as the names of our next two speakers (more to follow!).

If you can't make it for the live seminar, sign up anyway and I'll get back in touch
afterwards with details of the video recording.

And as I mentioned above, all the slides and recordings from of last year's guest
seminars are on that website too.

Please share this message with anyone who may be interested, and please also retweet
here:
https://twitter.com/DaveJSayers/status/1427670707991949320

See you there!

Dave

Dr. Dave Sayers, ORCID no. 0000-0003-1124-7132
Senior Lecturer, Dept Language & Communication Studies, Uni. of Jyväskylä, Finland |
www.jyu.fi
Chair, EU COST Action CA19102 'Language in the Human-Machine Era' | www.lithme.eu
Communications Secretary, BAAL Language Policy group | www.langpol.ac.uk
dave.sayers at cantab.net | https://jyu.academia.edu/DaveSayers