[Edling] CFP - Intercultural Learning in Plurilingual Contexts

Francis M. Hult via Edling edling at lists.mail.umbc.edu
Tue Aug 31 22:09:21 UTC 2021

Intercultural Learning in Plurilingual Contexts

13-15 July 2022

University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain

For over 30 years, Common Ground has been invested in developing
technologies that seek to break down barriers of access in scholarly
communication. In each phase, we’ve built media platforms to support spaces
for interdisciplinary dialogue, before such approaches were in vogue;
connected international voices, when disciplines were too often isolated in
national silos; and supported an agenda of access and equality, by offering
pathways and opportunities for diverse voices.

We now propose another kind of intervention -- to build a scholarly
communication infrastructure for a blended future.

Our blended model seeks to transcend physical boundaries by offering a
platform to extend in-person conference content online, while ensuring
online-only delegates are afforded equal participatory and experiential
spaces within the platform. At the same time, the model offers participants
a legacy resource to which they can return in the Event application, with
access to a social space in our Community application where fellow
participants can keep connected long after the conference ends.

More information:
https://thelearner.com/2022-conference