[Edling] Native Americans use technology to keep traditions, language alive during pandemic

Francis M. Hult via Edling edling at lists.mail.umbc.edu
Sat Feb 13 16:16:22 UTC 2021

PBS

Native Americans use technology to keep traditions, language alive during
pandemic

[M]any Native people have found innovative ways throughout the pandemic to
continue sharing their culture despite physical distancing restrictions.
Social media groups have provided some remedies, in ways that may continue
after the pandemic wanes.

“If there was ever a time where we could see how interconnected our world
is, that time is now,” said Jeneda Benally, a musician and member of the
Navajo tribe in Arizona.

Full story:
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/native-americans-use-technology-to-keep-traditions-language-alive-during-pandemic