[Edling] CFP - NABE 2022 Research Institute, February 8-10, 2022

Francis M. Hult via Edling edling at lists.mail.umbc.edu
Thu Jul 15 18:41:10 UTC 2021

*NABE 2022 Research Institute, February 8-10, 2022 *

*at the 51st NABE Annual Conference*

*A*ddressing the whole student:

Looking at multilingual learners through a multidimensional lens

*Call for Papers*

We are accepting proposals for short papers to be presented virtually at
the NABE 2022 Research Institute, co-sponsored by the Research & Evaluation
Special Interest Group at the annual NABE Conference.

We encourage submission of research-oriented papers that focus on our theme
of “Addressing the Whole Student.” Among the topics we welcome are those
that consider the multilingual learner with an emphasis on socio-emotional
issues and social justice, exploring issues of survival, challenge,
healing, recovery, and resilience, as well as documentation of
inspirational stories of success, passion, growth, and celebration. We are
particularly interested in work that connects research and practice, making
research accessible to administrators, policymakers, and parents.

Collaborative research conducted by teachers and researchers is especially
welcome. Papers focusing on community-centered initiatives for greater
linguistic inclusion are also encouraged, as are a variety of languages,
especially those that are underrepresented currently in bilingual
education. Our goal is to include and celebrate all communities, languages,
and language varieties!

While we would especially appreciate research related to our theme, all
submissions of data-based, theoretical, and/or pedagogically focused papers
on bilingualism, second/foreign language acquisition, intercultural
communication, language and technology, or language assessment are invited.

 Please send by email attachment an abstract of 150-250 words and a short
summary of 50 words (in MS Word) of your proposal to

*<**NABEResearchSIG at gmail.com <NABEResearchSIG at gmail.com>**>*

*Be sure to mention the language(s) involved in your study or discussion.
Presentations should be made in English to maximize audience comprehension.
(You are welcome to include other languages, but be sure everything is
translated for the audience.)

*The deadline for submission to the Research and Evaluation Institute is
now July 19th, 2022**.*

***PLEASE STATE WHETHER OR NOT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO PRESENT IN PERSON*

A notice of acceptance status will be sent in August 2022.

Jacqueline Romano & Ryan Pontier, SIG Chairs

Sandra Musanti, SIG Co-chair

Min Wang & Sonna Opstad, Advisory Board Chairs

Miriam Eisenstein Ebsworth, Res. Institute Co-Chair, NABE Secretary and
Executive Bd. Member

Pre-Conference: Monday, February 7, 2022
Conference: Tuesday, February 8 - Thursday, February 10, 2022
New York, NY In-person & Online