[Edling] An Asset-Based Approach to Supporting English Learners’ Reading Skills

Francis M. Hult via Edling edling at lists.mail.umbc.edu
Sat Mar 6 17:23:42 UTC 2021

Edutopia

An Asset-Based Approach to Supporting English Learners’ Reading Skills

English learners (ELs) are the fastest growing group of students in the
United States, and the NEA expects that by the year 2025, roughly one
fourth of our students will be ELs. These students bring a rich diversity
into our classrooms—they represent over 400 languages. With this beautiful
diversity comes a need for educators to understand language acquisition and
linguistic differences and similarities.

Full story:
https://www.edutopia.org/article/asset-based-approach-supporting-english-learners-reading-skills