[Edling] Open rank tenure line position in Teacher Ed and Professional Development, Univ of MD

Manel Lacorte via Edling edling at lists.mail.umbc.edu
Wed Aug 3 16:19:37 UTC 2022

Dear Megan,
All the best for a productive search!!! I hope you´re having a great
summer. Congratulations as well for your promotion to Associate Dean and
Full Professor 👍👍👍 Abrazos. Manel.

On Wed, Aug 3, 2022 at 1:16 PM Megan Madigan Peercy via Edling <
edling at lists.mail.umbc.edu> wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> I hope everyone is having a great summer.
> Please share this widely with your networks. Best consideration date is
> Sept. 12 and we are looking for an outstanding colleague who is
> committed to equity and justice in teacher education.
>
> With best wishes,
> Megan
>
> The TLPL department at University of Maryland is searching for an open
> rank tenure track faculty member in Teacher Education and Professional
> Development. The position is open to a broad range of specializations
> related to teaching and teacher education. The faculty member who joins us
> will contribute to an exciting doctoral program in teacher education as
> well as highly regarded undergraduate and masters level teacher
> certification programs.
>
> The full posting can be found here <https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/98118>,
> and is also attached.
>
> --
> Megan Madigan Peercy, Ph.D. *(she, her)*
> Associate Dean for Educator Preparation and Undergraduate Studies
> Professor, *Language, Literacy, & Social Inquiry*
> <https://education.umd.edu/academics/programs/graduate/language-literacy-and-social-inquiry-phd> and
> *Teacher Education & Professional Development*
> <https://education.umd.edu/academics/programs/graduate/teaching-and-learning-policy-and-leadership-phd-teacher-education-and>
> Co-Director, *Multilingual Research Center*
> <http://www.education.umd.edu/TLPL/centers/MRC/>
> Editorial Review Board Member, *Journal of Teacher Education*
> <https://journals.sagepub.com/home/jte>
>
> University of Maryland
> Department of Teaching, Learning, Policy, & Leadership
> 2311 Benjamin Building
> 3942 Campus Dr.
> College Park, MD 20742
> mpeercy at umd.edu
>

> *Land acknowledgment
> <https://diversity.umd.edu/resources/land-acknowledgment/>*
>

> *Check out my new book: *
> *Core practices for teaching multilingual students: Humanizing pedagogies
> for equity
> <https://www.tcpress.com/core-practices-for-teaching-multilingual-students-9780807768204>*
>

> *Other recent publications: *
>
> *From humanizing principles to humanizing practices: Exploring core
> practices as a bridge to enacting humanizing pedagogy with multilingual
> students <https://authors.elsevier.com/a/1edh8,Gtqvx-Lr>*
>

> *“Am I doing it wrong?”: Critically examining mediation in lesson
> rehearsal <https://authors.elsevier.com/a/1azia,Gtqvnmy0>*
>

> *Experts at being novices: What new teachers can add to practice-based
> teacher education efforts
> <https://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/F5UIU7A2T3XVKAACUQIU/full?target=10.1080/01626620.2019.1675201>*
>

> * <https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/tesj.590>*
>
> *Novice teachers' use of pedagogical language knowledge to humanize
> language and literacy development
> [...]

Manel Lacorte, Head
Professor of Spanish Applied Linguistics
<https://sllc.umd.edu/fields/spanish/graduate/applied-linguistics-ma>
Department of Spanish and Portuguese/SLLC
<https://sllc.umd.edu/fields/spanish>
Translation and Interpretation Services
<https://sllc.umd.edu/fields/spanish/translation-interpretation-services>
Series co-Editor, Routledge Spanish Language Handbooks
<https://www.routledge.com/Routledge-Spanish-Language-Handbooks/book-series/RSLH>
JMZ 2202 (034), 4125 N Library Ln.
University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742
Tel. 301/405 8233. Fax. 301/314 9752