[Edling] Online seminar invite: Mon 5 Sept, 15:00 EEST, 'Exploring Minority Languages in Schoolscapes: Inclusion, Affect, and Agency in USA K-12 and University Contexts' (Robert A. Troyer, Western Oregon University, USA)

Dave Sayers via Edling edling at lists.mail.umbc.edu
Tue Aug 16 10:41:46 UTC 2022

We are delighted to announce the first in the 2022-23 series of guest seminars here
in the English section at the University of Jyväskylä, Finland -- open to all!

On Mon 5 Sept at 15:00-16:30 (East European Summer Time), one of our current visiting
fellows Robert A. Troyer (Western Oregon University, USA) will give a talk titled
'Exploring Minority Languages in Schoolscapes: Inclusion, Affect, and Agency in USA
K-12 and University Contexts'. The abstract is on our seminar series website:
https://r.jyu.fi/englishseminars. The event will be live-streamed online with
interactive Q&A after the talk. All are welcome to attend. Register via the site and
you'll be emailed the live stream info before the seminar.

If you can't make it for the live stream, sign up anyway and I'll get back in touch
afterwards with details of the video recording.

Please share this message with anyone who may be interested, and please also retweet
here: https://twitter.com/DaveJSayers/status/1559482539856773120

All the best,
Dave

Dr. Dave Sayers, ORCID no. 0000-0003-1124-7132
Senior Lecturer & Docent, Dept Language & Communication Studies, U. Jyväskylä, Finland |www.jyu.fi
Chair, EU COST Action CA19102 'Language in the Human-Machine Era' |www.lithme.eu
Founder & Moderator, TeachLing |https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/teachling
dave.sayers at cantab.net  |https://jyu.academia.edu/DaveSayers