[Edling] Share Your Memories of Bernard Spolsky

Wright, Wayne E via Edling edling at lists.mail.umbc.edu
Sun Aug 21 22:26:51 UTC 2022

Thank you Francis for this invitation.

I shared on Twitter how Bernard was in the audience of my very first AAAL presentation when I was a brand new doc student, which was both a huge honor and bit terrifying, especially when he asked a really tough question at the end 😊. I had the honor of picking him up from the airport for ISB4 when it was held at Arizona State University, and will always treasure the conversation we had on the way and others we’ve had since.

Just last week I bought a copy of his 2021 book Rethinking Language Policy, and was blown away by how comprehensive it is. He has left us many groundbreaking scholarly treasures and I look forward to continuing to learn from his great work.

Best,

Wayne

--
Wayne E. Wright, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Research, Graduate Programs, and Faculty Development

The College of Education acknowledges that Purdue University is located in the traditional homelands of the Woodland People. We honor and appreciate these indigenous caretakers which include the Bodéwadmik (Potawatomi), Lenape (Delaware), Myaamia (Miami), and Shawnee people.

[signature_2029111013]