[Edling] UK - 'Cut phonics teaching': Vital improvements needed in how we teach children to read, say 250 teachers and academics

Francis M. Hult via Edling edling at lists.mail.umbc.edu
Wed Jan 26 02:13:33 UTC 2022

Sky News

'Cut phonics teaching': Vital improvements needed in how we teach children
to read, say 250 teachers and academics

An open letter is sent to the Education Secretary calling for changes in
how children are taught in England, with less time spent on 'synthetic
phonics' - which involves sounding out combinations of letters and then
combining the sounds to spell out words.

Full story:
https://news.sky.com/story/cut-phonics-teaching-vital-improvements-needed-in-how-we-teach-children-to-read-say-250-teachers-and-academics-12519819