[Edling] Online Event | ECSPM Symposium | 8-9 April | Language(s) and the Construction of Knowledge in European Higher Education

Francis M. Hult via Edling edling at lists.mail.umbc.edu
Fri Mar 25 17:47:14 UTC 2022

*From: *Guðrún Gísladóttir <multilingualism at ecspm.org>
*Date: *Thursday, 10 March 2022 at 17.36
*To: *Guðrún Gísladóttir <multilingualism at ecspm.org>
*Subject: *2022 ECSPM Symposium - Siena

Dear colleagues and ECSPM friends,

It is our great pleasure to be able to send you the programme (I inserted
the pamphlet which has since been finalized) for our 2022 symposium on
*Language(s)
and the construction of knowledge in European Higher Education, *8-9 April
2022, which you can find on the symposium webpage
<https://ecspm.org/ecspm-events/conferences-symposia/languages-and-the-construction-of-knowledge-in-european-he/>
(attached also for your convenience). We are very pleased that we will have
distinguished speakers from Europe, Australia, Asia, and the Americas
presenting their views on issues regarding implicit and explicit policies
as well as disciplinary knowledge and research as this is related to
language(s) in HE and discussing them with scholars of the ECSPM-CURUM. The
event is hosted by the Centre of Excellence of l'Università per Stranieri
di Siena. Please let us know if you are interested in attending any or all
the sessions so that we can inform you about registration that will allow
you to receive the link to our symposium. Just send a message to Guðrún
Gísladóttir gudrun at ecspm.org, declaring your interest. Also, please feel
free to inform members of your organisation/association/institution,
colleagues and graduate students.

With our best wishes during these trying times for Europe,

Bessie Dendrinos, Monica Barni & Guðrún Gísladóttir

“Long before shots were fired, a linguistic power struggle was playing out
in Ukraine”

*The Conversation*: March 9, 2022, 1.18pm GMT