[Edling] New developments at Working Papers in Urban Language & Literacies

Francis M. Hult via Edling edling at lists.mail.umbc.edu
Mon Oct 3 11:53:58 UTC 2022

Via appliedlinguistics_socialjustice...

*Working Papers in Urban Language and Literacies* (WPULL
<http://www.wpull.org/>) is an applied and sociolinguistic series that
promotes research, teaching and outreach focusing on communicative practice
in contemporary life.  We are pleased to announce two major developments:

a)         a new editorial group, which now involves Zannie Bock (UWC),
Rodrigo Borba (UFRJ), Constadina Charalambous (EUC), Melanie Cooke (KCL),
Miguel Pérez-Milans (UCL) and Ben Rampton (KCL)

b)        a new website that makes it much easier to search the series –
www.wpull.org

*The new editorial group*

Up till now, the papers in WPULL have developed from a particular research
network, based at King’s in London.  But WPULL is now becoming
‘polycentric’, with bases in Brazil, Cyprus and South Africa as well as
London and the option of posting papers in languages other than English.
To find out more, go to www.wpull.org

*The new website*

www.wpull.org makes it much easier to find and search the papers.  We will
still continue to post new work on academia.edu (at
https://kcl.academia.edu/WorkingPapersinUrbanLanguageLiteracies), but with
a website of our own, we are hoping to gradually develop a range of
additional features.

These developments are designed to enhance WPULL’s usefulness and coverage,
and we hope that you will find them valuable.

*Prof. Dr. Rodrigo Borba*

PPG Interdisciplinar em Linguística Aplicada
<http://www.poslaplicada.letras.ufrj.br/pt/>

Co-editor Gender & Language <https://journals.equinoxpub.com/index.php/GL>

Núcleo de Estudos em Discursos e Sociedade - NUDES
<http://www.nudes.letras.ufrj.br/>

Publicações <https://ufrj.academia.edu/RBorba>

Currículo Lattes  <http://lattes.cnpq.br/4245787890844219>

Orcid <https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4348-1812>