[Edling] Call for book chapter contributions “Artificial Intelligence and Language Education: Promises, Challenges, and Applications”

Zhongfeng Tian via Edling edling at lists.mail.umbc.edu
Wed Feb 22 22:09:19 UTC 2023

Dear Colleagues,

We, Dr. Chaoran Wang (Colby College) and Dr. Zhongfeng Tian (Rutgers University), are calling for chapter proposals for our upcoming edited volume tentatively titled ¡°Artificial Intelligence and Language Education: Promises, Challenges, and Applications.¡± The book will be submitted to Routledge. Here is a link to the full call: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dxI6shs8MfViE15tVJ4oGfmCufnrAn40/view?usp=sharing

Our goal is to bring together researchers and practitioners to the critical conversation surrounding the issues of human-AI collaboration/interaction in language education. We welcome multi-/trans-disciplinary perspectives including language education, writing/literacy studies, and educational technologies to contribute to this emergent field. Furthermore, we welcome a range of works including conceptual perspectives, empirical studies, and pedagogical pieces covering diverse contexts, regardless of instruction level (K-12 or higher education), delivery method (face-to-face or online/hybrid), or the languages taught (English, Spanish, Mandarin or other named languages).

If you are interested, please send a proposal including a tentative title, author list, and abstract (300-word max) by April 30, 2023. Prospective authors will be notified on May 15, 2023. Proposals & queries should be submitted to Chaoran Wang at chaowang at colby.edu and Zhongfeng Tian at zhongfeng.tian at rutgers.edu.

Please also feel free to circulate this call for book chapters with colleagues who may be interested. Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Chaoran & Zhongfeng

Zhongfeng Tian (ÌïÖзæ), Ph.D.

Assistant Professor of Bilingual Education

Department of Urban Education

Rutgers University¨CNewark

(ResearchGate<https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Zhongfeng-Tian>; Google Scholar<https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=qsrPjD0AAAAJ&hl=en>)

New books (coming out this June):
[cid:70bf1286-e8d0-4f35-88ed-41102bba41cd]<https://www.degruyter.com/document/isbn/9783110735604/html?lang=en> [cid:7175ea87-2559-4c41-84ed-1a233f252959] <https://www.multilingual-matters.com/page/detail/Reimagining-Translanguaging-Pedagogies-through-Teacher%EF%BF%BDResearcher-Collaboration/?k=9781800413160>