[Edling] CFP - Social Participation in Linguistically Diverse Societies

Francis M. Hult via Edling edling at lists.mail.umbc.edu
Tue Jul 25 18:00:18 UTC 2023

On behalf of Sarah McMonagle...

Dear colleagues,

On behalf of the Next Generation Literacies network, I am pleased to
forward you the Call for Papers for our network conference, which takes
place in *Hamburg, Germany, 11-12 January 2024.*

The conference theme is “Social Participation in Linguistically Diverse
Societies” – a theme which encapsulates the interests and expertise of the
Next Generation Literacies network. Since 2019, this network, led by the
University of Hamburg and in collaboration with Macquarie University
(Sydney) and Fudan University (Shanghai), has engaged in truly
international exchange and collaboration concerning the role of language in
mediating access to social goods.

Our network conference is a chance to present and celebrate this
international exchange, and we invite you to join us, to get to know our
members and their research. Equally, our members look forward to hearing
from you, an expert in the field, and so we invite you to submit an
abstract by *8 September 2023.* General conference and abstract submission
information are available here:
https://www.ew.uni-hamburg.de/internationales/projekte/lids-konferenz-2024.html

I am further pleased to confirm the conference keynote speaker: Prof. em.
David Little, Trinity College Dublin, will deliver a lecture entitled
“Learner autonomy, plurilingualism and interculturality: Pedagogies for
literacy in a democratic world.” Prof. Little is a highly distinguished
researcher, lecturer and policy advisor in the field of language education,
and we feel honoured that he has accepted our invitation to come to Hamburg
in January. His keynote lecture will enrich a programme that already
promises to be highly impressive.

We look forward to hearing from you! If you have any questions about the
conference, or the network itself, please contact Dr Sarah McMonagle (
sarah.mcmonagle at uni-hamburg.de).

Best wishes,

******

Dr. Sarah McMonagle

Universität Hamburg

Fakultät für Erziehungswissenschaft

Interkulturelle und International Vergleichende Erziehungswissenschaft

Postanschrift: Von-Melle-Park 8, 20146 Hamburg

Tel: +49 (0)40 42838-5467

Sarah.McMonagle at uni-hamburg.de

Neu:

S. McMonagle & N. Ní Bhroin (2023). Across the Cyberwaves: Twitter
Campaigns for *Gaeilge. Social Media + Society, 9*(1).
*https://doi.org/10.1177/20563051231161296
<https://doi.org/10.1177/20563051231161296>*

S. McMonagle (2023). Virtual Linguistic Landscapes from Below: A Hashtag
Analysis of the European Day of Languages. In: S. Melo-Pfeifer (Ed.),
*Linguistic
Landscapes in Language and Teacher Education*, pp. 297-319. Springer. DOI:
10.1007/978-3-031-22867-4_16
<http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-031-22867-4_16>