[Edling] Online Event | ELL Segregation and Integration: Beyond the Classroom | 4 April

Francis M. Hult via Edling edling at lists.mail.umbc.edu
Fri Mar 31 02:44:40 UTC 2023

[image: Register today!]

<https://t.e2ma.net/click/6ckt4k/qcx6d3/iicw1lb>

*Webinar Announcement*

<https://t.e2ma.net/click/6ckt4k/qcx6d3/yadw1lb>

*Join us!*

*Tuesday, April 4, 2023 @ 4:00PM*

*ELL Segregation and Integration: Beyond the Classroom*

The Center for Applied Linguistics is pleased to kick off the new year of
our webinar series Research to Policy: Critical Conversations in Language
Education. For 2023, our theme is Multilingualism without Borders, and for
our first webinar, we'll be considering how schools and classrooms might
push back against artificial borders by ensuring that multilingual students
are not segregated from their peers. Dr. Beatriz Arias and Dr. Karen Lillie
will share their perspectives on the research around the harm caused when
students identified as English learners are placed in segregated
educational environments, and will provide recommendations on policies and
practices that ensure students' civil rights are protected and that
multilingual students have access to a full suite of educational programs,
curricula, and opportunities

Register Today! <https://t.e2ma.net/click/6ckt4k/qcx6d3/e3dw1lb>

*"Promoting access, equity, and mutual understanding for *

*linguistically & culturally diverse people around the world."*

Center for Applied Linguistics

4646 40th St NW, Washington, DC 20016

*info at cal.org <info at cal.org>* | 202-362-0700

*Share this email:*

[image: Email] <https://t.e2ma.net/share/outbound/e/6ckt4k/qcx6d3>

[image: Twitter] <https://t.e2ma.net/share/outbound/t/6ckt4k/qcx6d3>

[image: Facebook] <https://t.e2ma.net/share/outbound/f/6ckt4k/qcx6d3>

[image: LinkedIn] <https://t.e2ma.net/share/outbound/l/6ckt4k/qcx6d3>

<https://app.e2ma.net/app2/audience/signup/1921629/1896392/655949768/1760080840/?s=7kp3lx0lIkhhxPx0aKORHCFS-lDsOD3O-VEDV9tnT-w>

Center for Applied Linguistics | 4646 40th Street, NW
Washington, DC | 20016 United States

  <http://kballantyne@cal.org>

[image: powered by emma] <https://t.e2ma.net/click/6ckt4k/qcx6d3/uvew1lb>