[Edling] Fwd: Asst/Adv. Asst Professor in Applied Ling/TESL @ UTSA

Deborah Palmer via Edling edling at lists.mail.umbc.edu
Fri Oct 27 19:59:07 UTC 2023

Sharing on behalf of colleagues at UTSA.
Please share with potentially interested candidates -

Begin forwarded message:

From: Kristen Lindahl <Kristen.Lindahl at utsa.edu>
Subject: Asst/Adv. Asst Professor in Applied Ling/TESL @ UTSA
Date: October 26, 2023 at 11:08:48 AM MDT
To: "debpalmer at Colorado.EDU" <debpalmer at Colorado.EDU>

I hope all is well with you! I’m writing because UTSA has a faculty opening (T-T) in applied linguistics/TESL. If you could share the announcement with your professional networks, we would greatly appreciate it!  The full announcement and link to apply is below; questions can be directed to the search chair (Kristen.lindahl at utsa.edu<mailto:Kristen.lindahl at utsa.edu>).

Sending all best from Texas,
Kristen

Department of Bicultural-Bilingual Studies at The University of Texas at San Antonio is seeking an Assistant or Advanced Assistant Professor in Applied Linguistics/TESL.

Position Description: The Department of Bicultural-Bilingual Studies in the College of Education and Human Development at the University of Texas at San Antonio seeks an assistant or advanced assistant professor (Tenure Track) in applied linguistics/TESL to begin Fall 2024. We seek a colleague with a scholarly focus in an area of applied/educational linguistics directly related to Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL). Areas include, but are not limited to, language assessment, L2 pedagogy and technology, second language acquisition (SLA), research methods in applied/educational linguistics, and/or TESL teaching and teacher education. The successful candidate will demonstrate their ability to work with and be sensitive to the educational needs of diverse urban populations and support the University’s commitment to thrive as a Hispanic-Serving Institution and a model for student success. Please visit link for full posting and application details:  10849 - Assistant/Advanced Assistant Professor<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://zahr-prd-candidate-ada.utshare.utsystem.edu/psp/ZAHRPRDADA/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=10849&PostingSeq=1__;!!HXCxUKc!xtZeuLtRQZ7xYbvkztyhx36Q0zXbgLJL4TlJiYB9mKg7_2fJ0ztew7UadS9x5HCMzRHwpjCqshR9H-rMzqbKSdmqrfQ$>

Kristen Lindahl, Ph.D.
Professor (she/her/ella)
Principal Investigator, Project SELFIES<https://education.utsa.edu/news/2021/project_selfies.html>
Co-Editor, TESOL Journal<https://www.tesol.org/read-and-publish/journals/tesol-journal>
[image001.png]<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/5751f2dea3654902a308151bc0c8b7df@utsa.edu?anonymous&ep=bwmEmailSignature>
Book time to meet with me<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/5751f2dea3654902a308151bc0c8b7df@utsa.edu?anonymous&ep=bwmEmailSignature>

[image002.png][image003.png]

[image004.jpeg]

The University of Texas at San Antonio
Dept. of Bicultural-Bilingual Studies<https://education.utsa.edu/departments/bicultural-bilingual-studies/>
College of Education and Human Development
(210) 458-4426
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, TX 78249-3209