[Edling] Help promote our conference for Heritage Language program managers and teachers

FOHLC Europe via Edling edling at lists.mail.umbc.edu
Wed Sep 6 22:40:52 UTC 2023

Please spread this announcement within your networks, to reach the people
who run community-based heritage language education programs. Thank you!

************    www.hlenet.org/events/fohlce2023  **************************
Join us for our 3rd annual free, online two-day conference for heritage
language (HL) teachers and program managers! Parents, academics, or policy
makers interested in the topic of heritage language education are also
welcome. FOHLC Europe (Forum of Heritage Language Coalitions in
Europe) provides
a platform for the exchange of ideas about how to promote, improve, and
professionalize HL education. This year's theme is "Harvesting support for
HL education: How to seek and maximize resources." We have invited experts
and practitioners who will stimulate you to think creatively about how you
can find funding, lesson materials, partners, volunteers, and other means
of sustaining your HL educational program. Keynote speakers: Prof. Yongcan
Liu, Professor of Applied Linguistics and Language Education at the
University of Cambridge and Cambridge Research in Community Language
Education (CRiCLE) Network and Lucie Slavíková-Boucher, from Czech School
Without Borders. A pecha kucha presentation: examples from 10 individuals
from across Europe active in HL education will present a range of
possibilities for tapping into resources within local and international
communities. The program also includes professional development workshops
and networking sessions. This event will equip you with new perspectives
about how to seek and obtain resources for your HL program!
************    www.hlenet.org/events/fohlce2023  **************************

fohlceurope at gmail.com
www.hlenet.org/fohlc-europe <http://www.hlenet.org/fohlce2022>
Follow us on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/FOHLCE> and LinkedIn