[Edling] New Book/Free Download: Teaching English as an International Language (Selvi, Galloway and Rose)

mostari hind via Edling edling at lists.mail.umbc.edu
Tue Jan 9 22:11:50 UTC 2024

Hi , It is not free access as it is wriiten in your email object .
Best,Prof Mostari Algeria

    On Tuesday, January 9, 2024 at 05:22:09 PM GMT+1, Ali Fuad Selvi via Edling <edling at lists.mail.umbc.edu> wrote:

Dear EdLing members,

I am delighted to let you know that our new book, Teaching English as an International Language, co-authored with two brilliant scholars, Nicola Galloway (Glasgow) and Heath Rose (Oxford), has just been published as part of the Elements in Language Teaching series by Cambridge University Press.

SummaryThis Element offers a comprehensive account of the unprecedented spread of English as a global language by taking historical, sociolinguistic, and pedagogical perspectives. To realize this mission, it opens with an accessible discussion of the historical trajectory of the English language with qualitative and quantitative connections to its contemporary diversity in terms of forms, roles, functions, uses, users, and contexts of English as a global and multilingual franca. Built upon this synchronic-diachronic symbiosis, the discussion is complemented by an overview of major analytical paradigms and trends that promote systematical scrutiny of the English language and its sociolinguistic and educational implications. It ends by showcasing instructional practices, recommendations, reflective questions, and future directions for language educators to revamp their beliefs, commitments, and practices considering the changing needs and realities of the present-day global sociolinguistic ecology and individuals therein.

The book is available for download until January 5, 2024: https://doi.org/10.1017/9781108902755

We hope you find it relevant, interesting, and useful... Please consider sharing it with your interested colleagues and students in your networks.

Wishing you a wonderful holiday season and a happy New Year ahead!

Warm regards,Ali Fuad Selvi